Join the UHMS
Your Membership Dues are tax deductible as prescribed by law as the UHMS is a 501c3 non-profit Society.
REGISTER ONLINE - CLICK HERE
PRINT AND MAIL/FAX/EMAIL: WORD PDF
Individual Membership Categories:
Most UHMS members are diving or hyperbaric scientists and physicians. Hyperbaric medicine nurses, technicians, sports and commercial divers as well as those with an interest in hyperbaric and diving medicine comprise a substantial group of associate members; and the ranks of student members are rapidly expanding.
All Memberships receive an E-Book of our UHM Journal. If you wish to order a Hard Copy of the UHM Journal (ADDITIONAL FEE), once registered and approved, you will need to log-in to the member site and type the following web link into your browser address bar: https://uhms.site-ym.com/store/ListProducts.aspx?catid=387650 or just go to the Online Store, then Subscriptions.
MEMBERSHIP IS AVAILABLE AT THE FOLLOWING LEVELS:
- Associate (A)($75): Hyperbaric technicians, registered nurses, physicians assistants, undergraduate students, diving supervisors, certified scuba instructors, or other hyperbaric or diving personnel with specialized technical or research backgrounds, but who do not possess the academic background for Regular Membership, can become Associate Members of the Society. Regular Members (retired) who are 65 or older and are not working; can also fall under this category; however they will not have voting rights.] Associate Members are not entitled to vote or to hold office.
- In-Training (IT)($120): Members shall be physicians (MD or DO) currently in a formal post-graduate training program (internship, residency or fellowship or post-graduate doctoral trainee)
- Regular, Government/Military/Academic (RG)($230): Members shall be doctorate level health care professionals in active government service, or doctorate level life sciences professionals in academic or government service.
- Regular (R)($275): Regular Members of the Society shall be physicians or doctorate level health care professionals (MD, DO, PhD, DPM, DDS, or equivalent). This category will include those Associates waived by the BOD as exceptional cases.
- Student Membership (S)($0 Non-paying): Must submit a letter from the Registrar confirming full-time enrollment and the program the student is currently enrolled in. Must be a full-time student enrolled in undergraduate or graduate programs in a related field of nursing, medicine or science. Student members will receive online access to the UHM Journal and our Membership Newsletter, Pressure along with all other membership benefits. This membership type is non-paying and eligibility must be confirmed annually with enrollment information. Student members are not eligible to vote or hold office. (NEW! April 2014)
Corporate Membership Categories:
UHMS Corporate Members include a variety of prestigious international and U.S. corporations, associations, health care facilities, foundations, or partnerships in the field of diving and hyperbaric medicine. The Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society continues to be dedicated to the progress and advancement of diving, hyperbaric medicine and wound care and we value the allegiance of our sponsors who are also committed to these endeavors. Corporate membership is available to corporations or companies that are supportive of the mission, purpose and goals of UHMS and wish to support our organization financially.
Levels of Corporate Membership:
- BRONZE ($1,000) - A Corporate Member contributing the basic amount annually shall be designated as a Bronze Corporate Member, and may appoint two (2) persons as Corporate Affiliate Member Representatives.
- GOLD ($1,500) - A Corporate Member contributing one and one half times the basic amount annually shall be designated as a Gold Corporate Member, and may appoint three (3) persons as Corporate Affiliate Member Representatives.
- PLATINUM ($2,000) - A Corporate Member contributing double the basic amount (or more) annually shall be designated as a Platinum Corporate Member, and may appoint four (4) persons as Corporate Affiliate Member Representatives.
Start receiving these benefits and much more today!
- All members receives an E-book subscription to the UHMS peer-reviewed journal, Undersea and Hyperbaric Medicine. If you wish to order a Hard Copy of the UHM Journal (ADDITIONAL FEE), once registered and approved, you will need to log-in to the member site and type the following web link into your browser address bar: https://uhms.site-ym.com/store/ListProducts.aspx?catid=387650 or just go to the Online Store, then Subscriptions.
- Discount on registration fees for the UHMS annual scientific meeting
- Online access and document delivery privileges to the Duke University Medical Center
- Library and archives, including the extensive UHMS collections
- Online access to the medical journal Undersea and Hyperbaric Medicine, the newsletter Pressure, scientific and clinical abstracts, membership directory, hyperbaric chamber directory and reference files
- CME opportunities from UHMS sponsored professional courses. UHMS is accredited through ACCME.
- Advocacy of high standards of practice through the implementation of treatment guidelines, position statements and clinical hyperbaric facility accreditation
- Assistance with the development of accreditation standards and programs throughout the world
- Professional endorsement of the scientific evidence for medical conditions responding to hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Collective representation in hyperbaric medicine to federal, state and local agencies on matters related to efficacy, standards of care, reimbursement, etc.
- Updates of vital legislative and regulatory affairs
- A forum for scientific communication in undersea and hyperbaric medicine
If you have any questions regarding membership, please contact:
919-490-5140 ext 103