Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Your Cart   |   Report Abuse   |   Sign In   |   Register
Community Search

Video monitoring of patients.
Moderator(s):
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

3/11/2012 at 11:27:44 PM GMT
Video monitoring of patients.
Hello, Does anyone else use wireless camera monitors for their monoplace chambers. I wan't to get monitors, almost like baby monitors to have on patients faces so I can view a little more consistantly from my desk. If you do, please let me know what type or brand. Thank you so much.

5/24/2012 at 3:08:51 PM GMT

Where is your desk stationed?  Is it in the room or in another room away from the chambers?  If it is in another room away from the chambers how quickly can you react to an emergency?  Do you have the gas valves in reach or are they in the treatment room?  Is always better to be stationed between the chambers.  1 Tech per two chambers and always 2 techs in the room during treatments.  Reason being, the patients are trusting us to be there, having someone between the chambers gives them a sense of calm.  Also, in the event of any emergency we need to be in the room, safety is always first and top priority.  With the events that took place in Ocean Hyperbarics down in Florida, safety is important and every second counts.

6/30/2012 at 5:11:23 PM GMT
Video monitoring
I'm always in the same room. Due to area constraints the desk can't be located between the chambers.My desk is approximately 10 feet away. The problem is I am looking at the patients from the chamber door end. I can't see their faces. Problem, can't see facial twitching or other si igns of distress on patients faces. I am using the monitors and the video screen is located directly under my computer monitor. Their faces and chests are is crystal clear viewing. (Watching chest rise and fall when the patients are sleeping. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Sign In

Forgot your password?

Haven't registered yet?

Calendar

8/1/2014
UHMS: Online Wound Care Educational Series

8/1/2014
Hyperbaric Physician Certification

Copyright © 2011 Undersea & Hyperbaric Medical Society. All Rights Reserved. Legal | Privacy Policy