Community Search

Humidification levels inside the chamber
Moderator(s):
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

3/29/2012 at 11:53:26 AM GMT
Humidification levels inside the chamber

I would greatly appreciate some direction here.  Safety standards suggest a humidification level of 50-70% thereabouts inside the chamber.  Are you measuring the humidification level INSIDE the chamber and if so, how?  Any information would help.

ADarlington, Canada

2/26/2013 at 4:34:09 PM GMT
Why are chambers not humidified? It is so dry in there and in the room, particularly in winter. Wouldn't that also lessen static and therefore fire risk? I can't find an answer but perhaps it has to do with the engineering of the chamber?

3/7/2013 at 3:59:28 PM GMT
This is not much help to you - but we are not measuring humidity levels inside our chambers or in the chamber room. I inquired once with engineering about measuring humidity levels in the chamber room and was told it would be a logistical nightmare. They were trying to monitor and control humidity levels in a separate department in this facility (non HBO related) and were constantly having time and money consuming issues.

5/22/2013 at 6:19:02 PM GMT

Amron sells an hygrometet that can be mounted inside the chamber and be viewed from outside.  It will measure temp and humidity.

Richard

5/28/2013 at 2:29:25 PM GMT
Humidity

Are we talking a mono or multi place chamber?  In a mono place, any outside air is replaced with 100% O2 about 20 mins after pressurizing.  The only humidity in the chamber at this point is coming from your patient (exhaling, off gasing).  We do monitor our chamber room humidity and the goal is to keep the area 40% minimum humidity levels.  In the winter this can be challenging.  If I feel we have too much static in the room and consequently in chamber first part of tx, I will  often saturate a towel with water and put in chamber on gurney platform. You can also wet the patient's hair, although some don't care for this practice.

You can also purchase a floor a non conductive floor wax which actually traps and releases moisture.  We purchased ours from ATMO Intl.  You can find them at www.hyperbaricmedicine.com

I hope this helps. 

5/28/2013 at 2:29:26 PM GMT
Humidity

Are we talking a mono or multi place chamber?  In a mono place, any outside air is replaced with 100% O2 about 20 mins after pressurizing.  The only humidity in the chamber at this point is coming from your patient (exhaling, off gasing).  We do monitor our chamber room humidity and the goal is to keep the area 40% minimum humidity levels.  In the winter this can be challenging.  If I feel we have too much static in the room and consequently in chamber first part of tx, I will  often saturate a towel with water and put in chamber on gurney platform. You can also wet the patient's hair, although some don't care for this practice.

You can also purchase a floor a non conductive floor wax which actually traps and releases moisture.  We purchased ours from ATMO Intl.  You can find them at www.hyperbaricmedicine.com

I hope this helps. 

5/30/2013 at 2:31:14 PM GMT
Oops.  Correction, the floor wax is conductive not nonconductive. 

Sign In

Forgot your password?

Haven't registered yet?

Calendar

8/22/2014 » 8/23/2014
UHMS Pacific Chapter Meeting

9/1/2014
UHMS: Online Wound Care Educational Series

9/1/2014
Hyperbaric Physician Certification