2 people in monoplace chamber
Moderator(s):
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

12/4/2012 at 9:45:48 PM GMT

Hi-

We are a free standing facility that treats both on and off label patients. We  have a 1 year old child that mom wants to treat for presumed developmental delay. She wants to go in the monoplace chamber with her daughter. I am uncomfortable with this on several levels. I need some direction!! Help!!

Last edited Tuesday, December 04, 2012
12/10/2012 at 8:00:07 PM GMT
I believe there is a brief article on the baromedical website addressing this issue. But from what i remember as long as both patients are someone comfortable for the duration of the treatment and BOTH patients properly grounded you shouldn't have an issue.

12/14/2012 at 11:58:09 PM GMT

To be as compliant as possible, you should have equipment for air breaks for both occupants (that means two BIBS), have both occupants grounded, and definitely consent the parent separately from the child and advise them of all the risks i.e. barotrauma, Ox Tox, fire, etc.

P Benson MD

12/28/2012 at 1:33:09 AM GMT
Thank you for your answers, While I  remain uncomfortable with this situation, I feel somewhat more comfortable with your input.

Sign In

Forgot your password?

Haven't registered yet?

Calendar

8/1/2014
UHMS: Online Wound Care Educational Series

8/1/2014
Hyperbaric Physician Certification

Copyright © 2011 Undersea & Hyperbaric Medical Society. All Rights Reserved. Legal | Privacy Policy