Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Your Cart   |   Sign In   |   Register
Community Search



TCOM Reimbursement
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

5/20/2013 at 3:17:25 PM GMT
TCOM Reimbursement

I have a question regarding the performance of TCOM studies in your units.

Our Local Coverage Determination (LCD):
Noninvasive Vascular Testing (N.I.V.T.) states:

...must be performed by a physician who is competent in diagnostic vascular
studies or under the general supervision of physicians who have demonstrated minimum
entry level competency by being credentialed in vascular technology, or...

How do you interprete this requirement for reimbursement? Does the physician have to be a vascular doc or one who has minimum crediantals in vascular technology? Or, is a phsyician credentialed in any area of medicine (i.e. an internal medicine or emergency medicine doc) able to perform TCOMs and receive reimbursement?

Cuarrently we only have on CHT at my unit and am wondering if this person should be performing all TCOMS.

Thanks for responses.

Sign In

Forgot your password?

Haven't registered yet?


UHMS: Online Wound Care Educational Series

Hyperbaric Physician Certification