Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Your Cart   |   Report Abuse   |   Sign In   |   Register
Community Search

Omni Pressure Relief Mattress
Moderator(s):
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

1/15/2014 at 6:46:18 PM GMT
Omni Pressure Relief Mattress

Is anyone using the Sechrist Omni Mattresses in their monoplace chambers?  If so, are you having positive results as far as patient comfort and reducing the risk of pressure ulcers?  We are looking at buying them but I have not talked to anyone that is using them.

1/17/2014 at 3:37:51 PM GMT

Morning Don,

We purchased a standard Omni Pressure mattress for our wide gurney a couple of years ago.  Pt report for those that we were able to compare pre/post new mattress found it a lot more comfortable.  We do have fewer complaints about the mattress now than we did years ago.  We still have some with back problems that have issues, but I'm not sure any mattress would for them.  As far as reducing risk for pressure ulcers, the mattress should help, but I don't have any data to give you on that question.

Downside - they're expensive.

Our plan when we update our chamber in a couple of years will be to upgrade to the bariatric mattress.  I can't afford a $1300 mattress individually, but rolling it into a big purchase won't hurt as bad.

Personal experience side note:  I've spent a nite on that mattress & seemed pretty comfortable (snowed in during a blizzard).

Good luck.

Brian Pruss RRT/CHT

Avera McKennan Hyperbaric Medicine

605-322-8610

Sign In

Forgot your password?

Haven't registered yet?

Calendar

8/1/2014
UHMS: Online Wound Care Educational Series

Copyright © 2011 Undersea & Hyperbaric Medical Society. All Rights Reserved. Legal | Privacy Policy