Community Search

Hyperbaric ventilators
Moderator(s):
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

10/19/2012 at 9:48:24 PM GMT
Hyperbaric ventilators

Has anyone found a pressure regulated hyperbaric multiplace ventilator more effective than the old Servo 900c? Has anyone seperated the components of the Servo-i?

Claude Wreford-Brown, Seattle

Last edited Friday, October 19, 2012
10/24/2012 at 3:37:06 AM GMT
Hyperbaric Vent
Hello Mr. Wreford-Brown hope all is well up North. We tested out the new 510 K Hyperbaric approved ventilator a couple of times. I could share the results of our testing. In short the vent operated well within acceptable limits. It was able to keep a constant rate and tidal volume during multiple changes in pressure under multiple depths. Warm Regards

10/24/2012 at 3:38:56 AM GMT
I realize I did not actually answer you question. The answer is no. At least at our facility we have not compared the Servo900 vs other vents. We have used a volume constant vent at our facility for the last 14 years.

11/1/2012 at 5:36:54 PM GMT

Thanks very much for the response Mr Chin:

I would like to see the results of your testing.

I have some concerns around volume ventilators especially with pediatric cases.

Having said that we used an Oxford Penlon for decades.

At this point I am just trying to find out if there is something out there I am missing and getting all options on the atble for review.

We are using a 30 yo Servo 900c and at some point it's going to fail, Perhaps another 30 yo Servo is the backup answer.

All the best.. Claude

11/27/2012 at 10:12:09 AM GMT

Dear Friends,

having used Servo 900c successfully for over two decades I am pleased to inform you that we in cooperation with Maquet company (located close to Karolinska Institute and University hospital)  have developed and tested a Servo-i HBO which is soon available as "CE marked" to meet standards for the European market. It is not for sale yet on the USA market but it is pending 510(k).

We have done over 100 test treatments with Servo-i so far at 2,8 ATA (last one tonight when I treated a CO victim) and we have used it with children down to 2.8 kg. Even with the latest design of ICU ventilator it will remain difficult to ventilate such small patients in the hyperbaric environment with 3 times gas density and 1,7 times flow resistance. Please remember to normo- /hyperventilate your patients to prevent CO2 retention and oxygen seizures!

We will have four ventilators in our large chamber and the old 900c will go to rest (I love it)beacause of lack of spare parts etc. The new Servo-i can be used in the ICU and be taken along battery powered into the chamber. Enough marketing for now! but ...it is a X-mas present with best regards from Sweden! 

PS (I am not employed or financed by Maquet but appreciate their cooperation over decades) DS

Folke Lind MD,PhD

Hyperbaric Medicine, Dept of Anaesthesiology, Surgical Services & Intensive Care, Karolinska Universityhospital Solna, Stockholm, Sweden

12/3/2012 at 9:06:44 PM GMT

Good morning Folke:

Thanks for the feedback. They are using the Servo-i down in Australia too. Their manual recommends removing the batteries in the chamber. Only rated to 2.8 ATA.

We don’t do that much critical care. 5 or 6 cases a year at most.

At the moment we are leaning towards another 900c mainly because it’s so easy to split the components and no one has done that with the Servo-i. Maybe in a couple of years..

All the best from Seattle.

Attached Files: 
Marquet manual.pdf (921.33 KB)
Marquet =.pdf (107.41 KB)

5/3/2013 at 2:44:25 PM GMT
Maquet Servo-i HBO Ventilator
Does anyone have an update on the USA version of the Maquet Servo-i HBO ventilator and the 510K process? 

5/2/2014 at 1:48:04 AM GMT
We use the Eagle vent

6/11/2014 at 1:13:12 PM GMT
I had it on demo for a few weeks. Better than any other I used (Manley, penlon, siarretron), but very expensive, and no dedicated scavenging- had to rig my own
Pieter Bothma, London

Sign In

Forgot your password?

Haven't registered yet?

Calendar

9/1/2014
UHMS: Online Wound Care Educational Series

9/1/2014
Hyperbaric Physician Certification